Buffalo Chicken Egg Cups

This is how we ate them each morning,
2 cups over a bed of spinach with  guacamole on top
For week 2 of my 21 day sugar detox I decided to make the buffalo chicken egg cups recipe that comes from the 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook by Diane Sanfilappo. One recipe made 15 cups for me (I think my muffin cups are smaller than her's) and this lasted most of the week for breakfasts for me and Phillip. It was nice to have it already done and just have to heat them up in the mornings. I am a huge fan of spicy things (I put so many spices in my eggs that once my dad mistook my eggs for sausage!) so this was a great dish to try. It had a ton of hot sauce in it :)

What I made: Buffalo Chicken Egg Cups
I cooked the chicken thighs in the oven first

What I did differently/how I changed the recipe: It
The chicken shredded with spices ready to add to eggs
called for parchment paper cups. Well, for the first 12 I just used my silicone muffin pan (great investment! they just pop right out and there is no need for any greasing of the tins or muffin papers! You do need to put it on another pan,
though, since it is very floppy). For the other 3 that it made I didn't have any parchment cups, so I assumed paper would be fine. I was wrong. Those things did NOT want to come off the egg cups. It took like half the egg with it! If I did this again I would definitely try with the parchment paper cups and see if it makes a difference.




Just placed in the oven
All cooked, love that they popped right out!
What I learned: I pretty much mentioned it
above. I like having breakfasts pre-made, and the parchment paper cups are important (I think! I'll have to re-evaluate it when I try the recipe with them).

Buffalo Chicken Egg Cup Recipe: 4.5 Stars
The finished egg cups

Comments

Popular Posts