Sweet potato, sausage, apple hash & grilled apple

We do a lot of grilling at the campground. Well, I shouldn't say we, I have actually never grilled before. I do all the prep work and Phillip grills it. For lunch on Saturday we split a grass fed steak, had sautéed brussel sprouts, and that thing on the top right? Half a grilled apple! After we went apple picking during vacation we thought we may as well try grilling some because we had so many. We tried some over the fire, too. Best idea for both! They tasted like a delicious dessert, kind of like an apple cobbler or pie without the crust. I highly recommend trying it :) I only had half because during the 21 Day Sugar Detox you're supposed to limit to one serving of certain fruits a day and I had already had some apple with breakfast which was out of this world delicious!! 

Breakfast consisted of one sweet potato, 1 pound sausage, and one apple all made into a hash. The sausage came as breakfast links, I just cut off the skin and then broke up the inside like ground beef. I found this sausage at Stop N Shop, I believe called Mulays. It specifically said Paleo on it. I'm SO glad I got it, it was so flavorful and delicious! Then I added half an avocado and a fried egg on top. Let me tell you, this one had me moaning, it was so amazingly good. It definitely took some prep time, but there was enough for two breakfasts, so the next morning all I had to do was heat up the hash and fry the eggs. I'm going to make this again this coming weekend because it was so good! 

It's definitely different cooking in the camper because I don't have much counter space at all, but I still love to keep up with my Paleo cooking. I don't always try new recipes when we're there, but this past weekend I ended up trying several new ones. Saturday night's dinner will be on the next blog post with two brand new recipes from the 21 Day Sugar Detox cookbook. Notice the beautiful "china" we use while camping?
Sweet potato, sausage, apple hash rating: 5 stars!

Comments

Popular Posts